
This weekend the boyfriend and I ventured out to Muvico. The past few outings have not been very impressive. We have sat through some really crappy movies like Martian Child and The Mist, and a mediocre one Charlie Wilson's War. This time I played no part in the choosing of the film...this is probably why it turned out so well.
Andy had "heard good things" about Juno. I knew absolutely nothing about this movie, nor had I seen a preview or trailer at all. But hey...we can usually manage to laugh at just about anything...so I figured "what the hell".
From the very first lines of the movie, I knew that I was going to really genuinely enjoy this movie. One of my favorite comedic actors, Rainn Wilson gave a short, yet highly amusing performance, featuring one of the funniest lines of the movie..."That's one doodle that can be undid, home skillet." (Which, by the way is happily featured in the trailer.) One of the really amazing thing about this movie is the casting. Every role is cast in such a way, that I could not criticize it in any way. The actors and actresses seem to be perfect for all of the selected roles, and I could not imagine any one else playing any of the roles. Another impressive feat is that the movie is incredibly witty, and has that indie feel to it, without feeling phonie...or pretentious. The movie is also accentuated by a really great soundtrack, which I have already downloaded and listened to at least twice.
Ultimately, yes this is one of those "feel good" movies. It is at times sappy, and a bit romantic. But the witty banter, and smart mouthed comments Juno makes, are more than enough to make it a very well rounded, stomachable, and quite entertaining piece of cinema, and stops just short of being a complete estrogen fest.
The video below is a compilation of clips from the movie set to the song "Anyone Else But You" performed by Michael Cera, and Ellen Page...which has been stuck in my head since we stepped out of Muvico... This video captures the romantic cheeze of the movie, so therefore you should not pre-judge based on this video alone.
Okay now that I have rambled on about all of the greatness of Juno...watch the trailer, and then go out to the local theater and see this movie...at least once.
I will end this blog by saying that the cheeseball in me has fallen completely in love with one line in the movie...probably because it really hit home with me.
"As far as boyfriends go...Paulie Bleeker is totally boss. He is the cheese to my macaroni."

1 comment:
sounds like something worth seeing, thanks for the tip becca
joe
Post a Comment