
So I saw the movie "I am Legend" today with my long lost friend David today. The first half of the movie was absolutely excruciating. The second half is at least moderately better but that really isn't saying a whole lot.
I will not bore you all with a full run down but I will give you a quick dollar store recap with a few highlights.
Basically it is like they took Resident Evil, 28 Days Later, and Castaway and melded them all together to form another movie. Doesn't that pretty much say it all right there????
Over half of the movie, the only dialogue is between Will Smith, and a German Shepherd. And no...I am not talking a Shepherd from Germany...I am talking about the K9 version...the kind that doesn't talk back. He even at one point hit's on a female manequin who is looking at porno's at the video rental store. There was even an extremely pointless scene with Will Smith all greased up doing chin ups, making sexual noises. Eventually I think they realized that the movie was extremely boring...so they threw in a couple of characters. They are completely random, and you have no idea who they are or where they came from...all you know is that you don't give two shits about them.
The best part of the movie is when Will Smith has to kill the poor doggie. It should have been a really emotional and sad scene but I was cracking up. Not because I am a sick twisted individual, but because I had this insatiable urge to yell out "WILSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
So...don't waste the $10 bucks seeing this in a Theatre. In fact wait until there are like 5 people willing to chip in on the $4 rental...or Redbox it one night while drunk.
I was much more entertained by the previews and movie posters outside of the theater.
Samuel Jackson...everyone's favorite...I will do anything for a nickel actor...is going to be in a "smash hit" debuting February 15th, called "Jumper" The fact that it is staring Sam Jackson, and is coming out mid February should be enough to make you cringe...let alone sitting through the actual "theatrical trailer."
Check it out here
The next preview was for what is sure to be another crap fest. Starring Collin Farrel..yes...I guess he is still alive!
Check it out here
However I got the biggest laugh of the day from a poster outside of the theater. Which is the picture featured above. Is Katie Holmes allowed to be in movies anymore??? I thought it might be a breach in her arrangement with Tom. And is it just me or are they trying to make her look like she just got off of the Dawson's creek set yesterday or what???? Another movie that I am sure will make millions...but will not only be not entertaining, but make you want to shoot yourself after viewing.
Check it out here

1 comment:
Diane Keaton, Katie and the Queen what a three headed disaster this is going to be, also if you look further Ted Danson, aka Becker himself is also going to be involved in this turd.
It's got me wondering, who can they have Ted be a love interest to? If it is Katie Holmes it would be to catch a predator, if it is Diane Keaton it would old geezers having sex in a big sweaty pile of leather, and If is the queeen then it will be super entertaining
-andy
Post a Comment