Monday, January 21, 2008

A Great Way to Spend a Day...and a hundred bucks




I woke up today early...which is a huge surprise because I was up until after 3am working on my B-Fest blog. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised because the entire event kind of threw off my sleeping pattern. But anyway...where was I...oh yes...woke up early, got work done earlier than expected...and got in touch with the sWister. Since Eddie didn't have school today, she was off work, and I was doing absolutely nothing, I figured we should get together and do something constructive. It has been a while since we had some fun quality time together. I have been wanting to make it over to the Shedd Aquarium since the baby Beluga Whale was born a few months ago...so I thought what the hell...lets go!




So we got going around 10:30ish...later than we normally would have if this excursion had been planned, but a pretty decent departure time considering the impromptu decision making. When we made it up to our destination we were pleasantly surprised to hear that admission to the Aquarium Exhibits was free today, and all other exhibits were discounted...not only that...but Spongebob was playing in the 4-D theater!



All in all it was a very exciting day!
Neither MegEli nor I have been to the Shedd in years, and were oohing and ahhing at all of the colorful, and exotic fish on display.
We both took the roll of japanese tourist and were snapping pictures like crazy. I filled up a 1GB SD card if that tells you anything!
We had lunch in the food court...not a wise decision btw...the seating options were less than limited. One highlight was when we happenned to stumble upon the handicapped entrance to the dolphin show just as it was about to start. SCORE!!!! If we had been looking for it we would have spent 30 minutes wandering around wasting time. The show was quite entertaining. More informational than the show at Brookfield, and featured the Pacific White Sided dolphin instead of the more typical bottlenose dolphins most are used to seeing. After that we made our way to the Beluga Whales! My FAV!!!! The are absolutely amazing! I got really amazing pictures and even took a video. I probably spent over a half hour just watching them swim. It was really really cool!






We made the typical trip through the gift shop where I undoubtedly spent way too much money. But hey...I really needed a big coffee cup, and how can you pass up a stuffed baby beluga on clearance for five bucks. I also spotted a couple of souvenirs for friends that "I couldn't pass up."

If you are really all that interested make your way over to my MySpace to check out the complete array of photos. But these are just a few of the ones I consider the best.

SO..yes it's been a fun filled week, and I am really looking forward to vegging out the next couple of evenings. But the quality family time was really important, and I feel like it did a lot to re kindle some of the bonds that have been suffering lately with sWister and I!!!

No comments: