Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Oh! The PAIN!!!!!!

So...here we go, another April, another start to the baseball season. Normally at this point I am of course interested in the games, but not all that committed to watching/listening to every single game. But this year is different...much, much different.

Why???? Well let me tell you!!

Andrew...aka...Big Mak...aka my wonderful, awesome boyfriend...decided to invite me into his Fantasy Baseball league. I always wondered about fantasy baseball, but never really knew anyone who was doing it, or how to really get started...so I thought what the hell, it will at least be entertaining to see how bad I get my ass kicked.

And then it started...Me being the over achiever perfectionist that I am couldn't stand the thought of being last place...nor could I stand the thought of his friends and co-workers thinking...man this girl is freakin retarded...so the studying began! don't even know how many hours I spent researching...the web...rifling through his magazines when he wasn't around, parusing the prospectus that was conveniently placed next to the can...etc. The draft went down and I felt overall pretty positive about it. It all happened a lot faster than I thought it was going to, but I got about 5 of the top 20 or so guys I wanted.

And then it got worse...Now I am what some would call a fantasy whore. I check my teams stats multiple times daily...and when the games are on I am glued to my laptop, keeping an eye on my teams batters, and pitchers. And when the games are not going on, I am looking at the available players contemplating possible moves, and keeping an eye on news reports on my injured players etc. It really has consumed most of my free time!!

And just when you think it can't get any worse...the BF goes and gets the baseball package. So now not only can I track my players online via stattracker...I can also channel surf between practically all of the MLB games to both watch my players at bat, or check out new prospects.

I never thought this would consume me the way it has!!!!

But now to the real point of this blog...my excruciating pain!!!! Why oh why do my dear Cubbies have to do this to me! I know that being a Cubs fan can be a very hard task, but man! Its only the second week of the season!! Not only that but we are playing the lowly Butt Pirates!!!!! I mean come on...I am as big a fan as anyone, of bonus baseball...but two blown leads for extra innings, to the same shit team, in one freakin week! I mean...come on...can our bullpen really handle all of these extra innings? Its hard enough for them to make it through a simple 9!!!!! Is this how the rest of the season is going to be?? If so I am going to need a lot more beer! My blood pressure can't handle all of this, nail biting, lead blowing, bull pen ruining a good game, action.

Not to mention the fact that I have Dempster...who was right in line for a nice big W...but NO! The bullpen bent him over and fucked him in the ass!

Okay...I think I'm done ranting now...maybe...its now 9:30pm, and we are still tied in the top of the 13th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you expect you never do anything halfway...you're an all or nothing kind of gal.

And yeah...talk about brutal!!!! Why don't you go to the Pitt. and open up a can....

Miss Ya Chica!
"L"